- 2021-04-19 @ 18:56(#r5m7hna) @readfog yes, @prologic made a UIUX branch, but it seem to have disappeared from the OP...
EDIT: looking at https://twtxt.net/user/prologic/twtxt.txt it seem that the message was cut off after the "🤗" maybe due to some linebreaks... #bug
- 2021-04-19 @ 18:51(#r5m7hna) Ha, doing waht the error message from
make dev suggested (
go get github.com/GeertJohan/go.rice/embedded) did the trick: Now it picked up my changes in the templates:) Thanks everyone, you are great:)
- 2021-04-19 @ 18:42(#r5m7hna) my main issue it this https://twtxt.net/twt/uu5ew5a so maybe there is a way to start over from scracht because i have go idea what I have been messing around with...
- 2021-04-19 @ 18:39(#r5m7hna) @readfog thank you, but i still get an error:
- 2021-04-19 @ 18:25(#r5m7hna) @readfog
-bash: task: command not found
- 2021-04-19 @ 18:24(#r5m7hna) @jlj still gets the error after
- 2021-04-19 @ 15:48@darch (#r5m7hna) can't do neither
- 2021-04-19 @ 15:19(#r5m7hna) So when i run twtd w/o debug mode is asks for a settings.yaml, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the github repo...
- 2021-04-17 @ 19:58@jlj (#ezr5zyq) really great read. is this the manifesto dressed like a casual blog post😉
- 2021-04-16 @ 05:38@prologic (#r5m7hna) yes otherwise twtd won't start on my machine
- 2021-04-15 @ 21:07@prologic (#r5m7hna) when I edit the html template files nothing changes. changing the CSS files works okay... I tried to restart twtd and to re-compile it but still no luck. Can you point me to some doc about how this Go thing works? Not the whole zibang, just the part I need to know for the UI-stuff😊
- 2021-04-12 @ 16:07(#r5m7hna) @prologic Great, then let's see if I can figure out how to work with git
BTW how is the search engine coming along?
- 2021-04-07 @ 14:03@darch @prologic @xxiivv (#zNzFlMA) Aslo why is the "Conversation"-link missing here?
EDIT: I think it is because @hxii is generating AND including his own hashed in the messaged even before posting, so there is no original #zNzFlMA - https://0xff.nu/blog.txt
- 2021-04-07 @ 13:59@prologic @hxii (#zNzFlMA) I'm also following this feed and I have been staring at it for a week or two now. I kinda like what @xxiivv did here as a way to tell about upcoming events. But we would need to build some UI and logic to hide or separate out future-posts from the daily flow.
- 2021-03-18 @ 09:36(#yjrdy6a) @prologic Where did you get the blue logo from? And where did you find the purple one you posted in github a wile back http://darch.dk/yarn-hack/yarn-logo.png ? And might the be under Creative Commons or similar so we can use it in the final design?
- 2021-03-18 @ 07:50@prologic (#yjrdy6a) I think it is sorenpeter https://github.com/sorenpeter
- 2021-03-16 @ 07:31@jlj @prologic (#rj7u5na) great see you guys Saturday 20 UTC 😃
- 2021-03-15 @ 20:07(#rj7u5na) @jlj sound like at 20 UTC would be the best option, if @prologic is okay with waking up early. But I'm also fine with around midday UTC on Saturday.
- 2021-03-15 @ 12:00(#rj7u5na) @jlj Also will you fill in the doodle for next weekend: https://doodle.com/poll/8ra8dkvtr98gvtwm
- 2021-03-15 @ 11:55@jlj (#rj7u5na) Sure here you go: Main blog: https://herman.bearblog.dev/ and the article about why products should be “slick”, not just viable https://herman.bearblog.dev/mvp-vs-slc/ and the article with this awesome illustration https://blog.asmartbear.com/slc.html
- 2021-03-14 @ 22:31(#52zs6bq) here is another doodle for next weekend: https://doodle.com/poll/8ra8dkvtr98gvtwm
- 2021-03-14 @ 09:15@prologic (#52zs6bq) sure thing☺️ Will you suggest us a time this week or next one then
- 2021-03-14 @ 00:11(#jatw6pq) Also if anyone feels like messing around with HTML and CSS, then you can view source on this: http://darch.dk/yarn-hack/MockuptoCode
- 2021-03-13 @ 23:48(#wkzwqwq) @prologic but not in practice?
- 2021-03-13 @ 23:47@prologic (#jatw6pq) no worries:) I first confirmed it today, when it was already night downunder. We did put in some notes in the hackmd. And we agreed to try to make a new doodle for next week and maybe this time settle on a time that is better for you.
- 2021-03-13 @ 23:43@prologic Can I use the Messaging Tokens (SMTP Token and POP3 Token) to connect my twtxt.net accout to a mail client like delta.chat and use that for private messages? EDIT: what would the server-names be?
- 2021-03-13 @ 19:16(#jatw6pq) If anyone else wants to join the we are meeting on https://meet.nfld.uk/yarn at 20 UTC https://time.is/200013Mar2021in_London
- 2021-03-13 @ 13:43@jlj (#jatw6pq) cool. I tied to login but no luck. For the agenda i made a new doc in hackmd about what features we want to focus on. and also any input on the UI design is much appreciated ☺️
- 2021-03-13 @ 12:35@prologic (#jatw6pq) and others are we still have a talk on @jlj 's jitsi at 20 UTC tonight?
- 2021-03-12 @ 21:08@mckinley (#jatw6pq) that's okay:)
- 2021-03-12 @ 20:51(#jatw6pq) @mckinley Thanks:) did you have a go a turning the mockups into code as well, or any other ideas for the design?
- 2021-03-12 @ 20:03(#jatw6pq) Real HTML and CSS coming along slowly
EDIT: twtxt.net seems to mess with the compression...
- 2021-03-12 @ 10:15(#ic65iza) @lazarus @prologic Read the whole thing. A lot of good ideas and some we are already doing with twt/yarn.social
- 2021-03-10 @ 18:09(#a4uhsdq) I'm glad that voicemail it not really a thing anymore and a have it turned off from my phone carrier. Most voice messages are just pocket calls or people who did not manage to hand up before the beep. And there is more open and interoperable alternatives to the silo systems such as matrix.org, delta.chat and twtxt/yarn.social. Sadly most people are not willing to pay for these service just yet. The fee for these services could be via your ISP or phone carrier or governments might realize that these are vital part of our infrastructure and provide services funding by tax
- 2021-03-10 @ 07:39(#jatw6pq) Also would you be up for another jitsi talk on Saturday evening? Or is there a better time of the day for @prologic where us Europeans will also be awake?
- 2021-03-10 @ 07:36(#jatw6pq) how about a drop-down sidebar only using CSS, as a way to combining the two layout? no hover, only click of course. https://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_dropdowns.asp
- 2021-03-10 @ 07:11@prologic (#hwkktxa) yeah I know it is possible by altering the hash. and q button would definitely help😉
- 2021-03-09 @ 21:31(#jatw6pq) (this conversation could really need the feature of branches/forks;)
- 2021-03-09 @ 21:26@mckinley @prologic (#jatw6pq) you are very welcome to make the mockups into code. I was also not sure how I should have frased my reply to you. I guess my point was no need for two people doing the same thing, by then again you might be coming up with something amazing 😃
- 2021-03-09 @ 21:22@movq @prologic (#jatw6pq) issue is that I started to edit a text, but the open a new tab because I change my mind and wanted to make a new twt. but the some cookiemoster ate my old twt and replaced it with the new one
- 2021-03-09 @ 21:18@mckinley (#jatw6pq) none taken :)
- 2021-03-09 @ 21:11@prologic (#jatw6pq) Works fine for me and others it seem. I just uploaded it to github. try another browser or pdf reader
- 2021-03-09 @ 20:38(#jatw6pq) @mckinley You are welcome to do that. It would be fun to see how you interpret my "drawings" - but I'm also capable of doing that myself:)
- 2021-03-09 @ 20:19(#jatw6pq) @mckinley Thanks for you feedback. I'm all for
delightfully retro :) That is what you get from making webdesign in LibreOffice... And we might have a (side)barfight coming up ;)
- 2021-03-09 @ 20:13(#jatw6pq) @lyse Doh! Kinda exposing an issue that I was trying to address the the now gone post... Anyhow I recommend people to give this a read https://herman.bearblog.dev/mvp-vs-slc/ on Minimum Viable Product vs Simple, Loveable, and Complete. I think we should focus on fixing stuff that would turn regular users off and putting features that are only half-working on the backburner/someday-maybe-list, ie. private messages.
- 2021-03-09 @ 19:15(#jatw6pq) @lyse Re the permanent sidebar: no it would not be fixed when scrolling. I just tried out two different way of cleaning up the levels of navigation, hiding (1-2 clicks) some that in my experiences would not be needed that often and bumping some up (direct access).
- 2021-03-09 @ 18:46I made some concepts/mockups rethinking the navigation for yarn.social. And trying out a permanent sidebar, but not sure if it is needed... Details in a PDF at github
Feedback here or at github is more than welcome :)
- 2021-03-05 @ 23:43(#lr2rccq) @xuu @lyse @prologic @jlj Yeah great to meet you all :) I already made a mockup of how we can move conversation view within the timeline forward: https://github.com/jointwt/twtxt/issues/413
- 2021-03-05 @ 11:38(#ghryeqq) @prologic @jlj @xuu @antonio can provide a bigger screenshot with more context? which is the reply? you or enigma?
- 2021-03-05 @ 10:25(#bakywta) @jlj @lyse @prologic We can also meet a bit later tonight / tomorrow morning if that suit everyone better. So is 20 UTC good for everyone? Re the agenda: yeah bring your ideas and we will have yarn about what to focus of all our dev ideas.
- 2021-03-04 @ 14:51(#msgkguq) SMS is very much still a thing here in Denmark. I just works and no need to install any app or remember passwords etc. I have been thinking to make a setup so I can send an SMS to my twtxt.txt
- 2021-03-04 @ 12:03(#u6qz3uq) Indeed. I was just thinking this morning to base a new color scheme on Ubuntu, because they already do something nice with purple - this is a bit too dark though: https://github.com/guneysus/gohugo-hacker/blob/master/images/ubuntu.png
For Yarn.social i would not use a monospace font.
- 2021-03-04 @ 11:14@prologic hmm can't access my blogpost anymore... https://twtxt.net/blog/darch/2021/02/27/ux-improvement-ideas-for-the-yarn-social-rebranding
- 2021-03-04 @ 08:50(#bakywta) @lyse @xuu @movq @prologic Please give a final vote for Friday or Saturday at https://doodle.com/poll/dgy9u2ssdv2ybzft
And @jlj will make us a jiti link?
- 2021-03-02 @ 23:23I kinda like how twtxt.net looked "back in the days": https://www.moongift.jp/2020/08/twtxt-%E8%87%AA%E5%88%86%E3%81%A7%E7%AB%8B%E3%81%A6%E3%82%8Btwitter%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%EF%BC%88%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%96%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B0%EF%BC%89/
- 2021-03-02 @ 21:46(#qmb2v7q) @prologic @movq @adi Duke Nukem I and II was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DukeNukem(video_game) , but duke3d is well... in 3D
- 2021-03-02 @ 18:55(#bakywta) @lyse @jlj @prologic Anyone else who you think would want to participate? It looks like Friday 5th or Saturday 6th at 20:00 CET is a possible time for all, if doodle did at proper job with the timezones.
- 2021-03-01 @ 19:12(#bakywta) @jlj @prologic @lyse @adi @antonio I made a doodle so we can try to find a time that work for all of us https://doodle.com/poll/dgy9u2ssdv2ybzft
- 2021-03-01 @ 16:26@lyse @prologic @jlj (#s43mwpa) ditto https://hackmd.io/@darch
- 2021-03-01 @ 15:23(#2t2pflq) @gr0k really cool site you have made for yourself. The link to your Music feed on https://www.gr0k.net/links.html seem to go to the blog feed instead. Also for a way to keep you /twtxt page up to date you can take a look at https://0xff.nu/picoblog or ask around here on twtxt.net where others have also made similar setups.
- 2021-03-01 @ 08:48@jlj @prologic (#bakywta) also does anyone happen to have a eatherpad server or similarly, so we can easily co-write the roadmap and manifesto?
- 2021-03-01 @ 08:45@jlj @prologic (#bakywta) https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jitsi
- 2021-03-01 @ 08:44@prologic (#tjudzyq) sure thing. but I would prioritize the web.version first so we know what we are aiming for.
- 2021-03-01 @ 08:41@jlj @prologic (#bakywta) jitsi is really awesome alternative to zoom and all the other commercial alternatives
- 2021-03-01 @ 07:35(#bakywta) would it be an idea to set up a video call and go over our roadmap and priorities in a real time conversation?
- 2021-03-01 @ 07:26(#tjudzyq) hey @prologic yes I use the app, but did not analyze it like I did with the web version.
- 2021-02-27 @ 20:45UX improvement ideas for the Yarn.social rebranding
- 2021-02-25 @ 23:04(#jlar35q) @mckinley haha, of course. Thanks!
- 2021-02-25 @ 21:35(#jlar35q) @lyse how do you make your galleries? Do you just write the code by hand? Also what is the magic that makes so simple html turn into a dynamic grid?
- 2021-02-24 @ 15:10(#n6itdza) @prologic But you can still go in and see all the old posts of someone at https://twtxt.net/user/NICK/twtxt.txt even thou they are no longer in the cache. And I know it is a matter of saving resources, but it kinda weird to not being able to search back in time more than X amount of time. In a way this is just adding a "blackbox" algorithm to yarn/twt that is not logical for regular end-users compared to other systems. If you use any other client than twt.social, then you will be able to read the whole timeline in their interface.
- 2021-02-24 @ 11:05(#n6itdza) @darch @jlj @prologic (...) and also the fact than you cannot delete content when it has first been published.
This is also an issue for me with how yarn/twt.social is working atm; than you cannot delete stuff you posted, when it is hosted on a pod, but you can if you selfhost your own twtxt.txt-file. I want to be able to edit or at least delete posts and not just my last post. And this will be a dealbreaker if we are to bring more people to using twtxt via hosted yarn-server.
- 2021-02-24 @ 11:03(#n6itdza) @jlj @prologic Well most of what mentioned is not networks but clients for the the same network (Patchwork, Patchfox, Oasis and in part Feedless and Manyverse). Planetary i think is somewhat separated.
But then again Scuttlebutt is struggling with access the same profile from several devices, since it is peer2peer first, where all users are running a server on their own device and moving this server can break then crypto-threading that is the backbone of the SSB protocol. Feedless is offering a hosted solution at their server, but you can also selfhost on your own devic
- 2021-02-23 @ 21:27@prologic (#n6itdza) their menifesto is definitely worth a read https://medium.com/digital-diplomacy/a-non-addictive-social-network-d0ad3a2204d
- 2021-02-23 @ 21:24@prologic (#n6itdza) it got some really nice colours and a fresh design, but some features are kinda lacking or wierd.
- 2021-02-22 @ 22:27Anyone had a go with https://feedless.social/ ? Just found it via the apple store looking at the GORYON app.
- 2021-02-22 @ 10:33(#lc35faa) @prologic All right, I think I'm starting to understand the benefits of hashes as the best way to show relations between posts/replies :)
- 2021-02-21 @ 11:44(#zafd26q) @prologic Can I ask what these "interesting useful properties" are?
Also the rebranding to yarn.social could be a good time to break compatibility.
Or have the options both for (hash) and
(re: http://twtxt.net/u/darch 2021-02-21T10:44:10Z )
- 2021-02-21 @ 11:37(#lc35faa) hackaday already got the kind of nested replies as i suggested in my mockup yesterday: https://hackaday.com/2021/02/16/basic-cross-platform-software-hacking-then-and-now/
- 2021-02-21 @ 08:54(#zafd26q) ... Since this is gonna be a lot longer than the hash, it could added to the end of the line of each reply post instead of in the beginning for human readbility of the raw txt
- 2021-02-21 @ 08:49(#zafd26q) Can we come up with something that is easier to implement in other clients or can be done by hand than hash? As I read the docs about the original subject is was like email
(re: original post) right?! So if instead of the hash we do
(re: 2021-02-21T08:42:00Z <@nick URL>) where the datetime is just copied from the .txt with the original post. Then it is also human readable and can be parsed by other clients.
- 2021-02-20 @ 19:55(#lc35faa) Also made a mockup of how nested Conversations could look in Yarn.
You can "try" it out at http://darch.dk/yarn-hack/YARNConversationNested.html
- 2021-02-20 @ 19:15(#lc35faa) @xuu the logo is just a png and text in html, so no svg...
And the PNG is not my original work. @prologic found it and shared it here some time ago.
- 2021-02-20 @ 17:49WIP for a new branding and top-navn
- 2021-02-20 @ 11:39(#z6k7xsq) The code jam starts in 25 min if anyone want to join via https://meet.jit.si/CreativeCodeBerlin
- 2021-02-19 @ 23:08WinAmp for MacOS https://re-amp.ru :D
- 2021-02-19 @ 09:39I will be joining this Code Jam / Hackaton tomorrow at 12 CET, where I plan to start putting my ideas for Yarn.social rebranding etc. into code: https://www.meetup.com/creativeCodeBerlin/events/zplpdsyccdbbc - Come along if you like:)
- 2021-02-18 @ 10:33@movq @adi @prologic @eldersnake @lyse (#mpyf3jq) being a librarian you should think I could answer that question, but I got nothing off the top of my head
- 2021-02-18 @ 09:36(#mpyf3jq) @movq @prologic @eldersnake @adi @lyse maybe something on CSS and interaction and GUI design
- 2021-02-18 @ 09:33(#mpyf3jq) @adi @eldersnake @lyse @movq @prologic can't access that site.. (EDIT: removing the port 900 helped).
- 2021-02-18 @ 09:30(#mpyf3jq) @lyse @movq @adi @prologic @eldersnake Books about what? not sure what the topic of this conv is...
- 2021-02-17 @ 18:12(#j25hw5q) is this a reply by default?! (EDIT: yup)
- 2021-02-16 @ 23:12(#j25hw5q) @prologic Haven't seen that issue before/latelty. I'm not sure what you mean by “Social” and “Messages” view, but a sidebar could be an option. If by sketch you mean 396, then I would still go with just a top-nav. Sidebars makes me dizzy sometimes.
- 2021-02-16 @ 22:56(#j25hw5q) @prologic subconsciously i guess i realized it. If I am to redo some of the design then i would go for a more compact CSS design. I also think that we can find some middle ground or toggle option like we got with the light/dark theme.
- 2021-02-16 @ 20:58A shot talk about #indieweb social readers that describes what I envision for twtxt/yarn.social, but with a lot simpler implementation, than what they do over at the IndieWeb https://archive.org/details/iwc-austin-2020-social-readers
An the last slide is also worth keeping in mind for twtxt/yarn.social:
- 2021-02-15 @ 21:13(#qy6mbvq) @thewismit (#qy6mbvq) I like it! neat and with a good pop of colors:)
- 2021-02-15 @ 16:28@eldersnake What are you using to render your twtxt.txt on https://www.andrewjvpowell.com/twts/ ? It is #picoblog by @hxii or just the Atom feed ?
- 2021-02-14 @ 13:30(re: #v5yaeha) @prologic @lyse #anth">@anth One way to make the raw txt easier to read would be to move the (hash) to the end of the line. Another thing would be to add
re: to it so it would be cleared that code-thing is a reply or is in relations/reaction to something else (re: #v5yaeha)
EDIT: right now the twt.social client does not allow you to move the (#v5yaeha) ...
- 2021-02-14 @ 13:15(#tgqyilq) Thanks @jlj , The ideas was more for a logo than for an URL. Keep in mind the depending on your OS etc. it might look very different: https://emojipedia.org/yarn/
I also like the yarn ball @prologic suggested, but I would go with something that have some more volume to it instead of this flat design paradigm. I posted some more ideas at: https://github.com/jointwt/twtxt/issues/385 so please have a look at them too :)
- 2021-02-13 @ 21:38🧶.social
- 2021-02-13 @ 12:02A way to integrate twtxt/yarn/rss/atom into the base of how the web works, could be to create a feature like
feed: so you can just click on any link and your browser will add it to your feed reader of choice like it does with your e-mail client. A start could be a feed-plugin for the main browsers.
Edit: It looks
feed: already kind is/was a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FeedURIscheme
- 2021-02-12 @ 22:29damn this might be unfortunate: https://github.com/jackjamieson2/yarns-microsub-server
- 2021-02-12 @ 22:07(#jvfqdxa) @prologic could
tagline just be
- 2021-02-12 @ 12:46@sorenpeter @prologic (#vlgqjbq) yes I am. will have a look at it in the weekend:)
- 2021-02-11 @ 19:26(#kanuqhq) @antonio Ditto what @vain just said. for bookmarks i just www.saved.io, where you just add TAG.saved.io/ in front of the url you want to save or i just copy the ULR+title to some textfiles in dropbox.
- 2021-02-09 @ 08:11@eldersnake @prologic (#stl2caa) and with other pages/conv that are already cached is is a problem too
- 2021-02-09 @ 08:09@eldersnake @prologic (#stl2caa) I also have the issue on desktop
- 2021-02-06 @ 18:58(#ndaemda) @prologic I'm up for looking at the the UX and CSS (already got a some ideas) and my sister, who is designer, is up for taking a shot at a logo and the general visual identity.
- 2021-02-06 @ 11:42(#ndaemda) @prologic so when are we gonna make the change to yarn.social ?
- 2021-02-06 @ 11:40(#loawtoa) @prologic @thewismit so if DM is just email, any way to integrate it with delta.chat or use it as a client for the DM?
- 2021-02-05 @ 22:52(#ndaemda) @prologic @sorenpeter I tried to make a demo of the txtverse to a creative coding meetup in berlin (aka online) but my screen sharing was not working, so had to do a live demo and sharing links. Hope that I sparked some peoples interest anyhow and we will get some more people using twtxt.txt|.net|.???
- 2021-02-05 @ 14:23(#fkk2mbq) @gr0k @prologic , Hi @eldersnake , I made a very simple php-tool to post to a twtxt.txt on your own site called #phpub2twtxt (github). And @hxii also made Picoblog, which is a way to show your twtxt.txt on your in a nice way on your own site. He is also working on selfhosted UI to see and reply to your posts on your timelime, but I don't think that it published yet.
You can take a look at my setup of #picoblog at http://darch.dk/twtxt and @hxii 's at https://0xff.nu/microblog
- 2021-02-03 @ 19:13@prologic (#3jkzebq) so what is the image showing or not showing? also I think i broke the hash by editing the original post on my own domain.
- 2021-02-03 @ 19:09(#ssx75ca) @prologic @sorenpeter Totally understandable. Is there an other way to make post with images across pods and selfhosted twtxt.txt ? And how would you go about asking for whitelisting?
- 2021-02-03 @ 07:40@sorenpeter @prologic (#3jkzebq)
- 2021-02-03 @ 07:25@sorenpeter @prologic (#3jkzebq) and here the app just keeps on spinning the load wheel
- 2021-02-03 @ 07:24@sorenpeter @prologic (#f22czxq) but in the android app, this one just shows the html...
- 2021-02-03 @ 07:23@sorenpeter @prologic (#3jkzebq) they both render the same in the browser to me.
- 2021-02-02 @ 18:22(#loawtoa) @prologic @hecanjog So DM's is just e-mails?? Ha, I kinda like that:D
- 2021-01-29 @ 18:22(#bwm7rra) @adi @hxii https://0xff.nu/picoblog and in action at https://0xff.nu/microblog
- 2021-01-29 @ 15:47@thewismit @prologic @adi (#x7e73va) Being able to use twtxt as a way to comment on others blogs is also a dream of mine. It would be a lot lighter than what the indiewebbers are doing. And it could be a blog hosted on your pod or elsewhere. The important thing is to give the user and/or admin options to chose the features the would like to use or not.
- 2021-01-29 @ 14:17(#x7e73va) @jlj @prologic @adi In a way there is no need to remove the blog and DM feature. Just give the pod admins an option to turn it off. That is what I would do the the day I set up my own pod.
- 2021-01-29 @ 14:00(#x7e73va) @prologic @adi Yes, for me it makes more sense to get those features elsewhere. It is not about making the codebase more lean, but about making the core feature stand out. And insisting on the simplicity. Like you said no to polls. If you need polls you make a twt with a link to doodle.com or similar. It would still be good to have a way of knowing how to contact people directly. You can use the tagline for a the contact info you feel comfortable to sharing. Removing DM will also remove the potential issues of harassment and spam, that this channel could be used for.
- 2021-01-29 @ 13:51(#vevdhna) You can change the color of the pin using css. I like the heart, but a star, bookmark or floppy could also work.
- 2021-01-29 @ 10:51(#x7e73va) @prologic @jack - I aggee with @adi here. Also the DM feature seems superfluous. For me the scope of the twtxt-ecosytem is a way to make publish post and have discussions in the open. There are plenty of DM/IM and blog services/system out there, and it should be up to each person to chose which of these they want to use instead of having another inbox to keep an eye on.
- 2021-01-27 @ 18:54Current time in Copenhagen is 18:52 - testing timezone render for #picoblog and #phpub2twtxt
- 2021-01-25 @ 15:53(#vudccta) @thewismit Matrix also looks very promising, but it might be trying to do too many things at once. The same goes for Scuttlebutt (www.ssb.nz), I like the ideas behind but the implementations are too hacky for normal users. Scuttlebutt definitely has it merits in not relaying on central servers and that it can work in areas without internet, just p2p, even in a jungle or at sea.
That why I like the scope of twtxt and twt/yarn.social together with delta.chat.
- 2021-01-25 @ 07:21@thewismit @prologic (#vudccta) I have been really hooked on Delta.chat that uses your normal email account for e2e encrypted IM, so it can be decentslised, i.e. running your own mailserver, just like twtxt:) But convincing people to chance is difficult. Now at least my closest family got onto signal, which is at least a step up from Facebook messenger.
- 2021-01-21 @ 21:35(#p4xpuhq) @vain "God dag" is correct Danish, danke :)
- 2021-01-21 @ 16:29(#qvykv7a) @vain I read somewhere that you could use a space instead of the "T" as still comply with RFC 3339. But I put the "T" back after testing it and found that it did not work with twtxt.net ;)
- 2021-01-21 @ 16:09@twtxt @vain (#p4xpuhq) Guten Tag Peter! Really cool collection you got of your desktops over time.
- 2021-01-21 @ 09:55(#qvykv7a) @prologic @sorenpeter Z is for zero, so it just another way of saying +00:00. i makes thes txtxt.txt more readable in the raw
- 2021-01-21 @ 09:41(#sotzvdq) @prologic @sorenpeter you can see the code at: https://github.com/sorenpeter/phpub2twtxt/
For now it it just post timestamp + text to the txtwt.txt via a form.
I got a local follow list set up withe the original CLI client.
- 2021-01-21 @ 08:56ideas for #branding twt.social with a new name in relation to our talk at https://github.com/jointwt/twtxt/issues/342
- 2021-01-21 @ 08:52@sorenpeter @prologic (#qvykv7a) changed the suffix from +00:00 to Z
- 2021-01-20 @ 00:21@prologic @sorenpeter @lyse (#3txg3ja) Funny I just posted my ideas for an alternative way of implementing conversations to that issue :P But i'm not really a back-end developer so I have no idea if this could work...
- 2021-01-19 @ 23:48@prologic @sorenpeter (#3txg3ja) conversations does not seem to work with external users...
- 2021-01-19 @ 00:33(#s6zxfya) @prologic when i mention/reply to @sorenpeter twtxt.net does not seem render it as a link, like it does for you. that was my question that got lost.
EDIT: well now it does, maybe it was because I as @darch was following @sorenpeter under the nick @sørenpeter before, which i just changed.
- 2021-01-19 @ 00:14(#s6zxfya) @prologic @sorenpeter yes we are ;)
Is there a way to auto add the
@sorenpeter instead of just
@sorenpeter ? (well that did not render as i wanted it to...)
- 2021-01-18 @ 23:52@prologic (#7gb6suq) thanks, i fixed it now:D
- 2021-01-18 @ 23:46@prologic (#7gb6suq) but why does https://twtxt.net/user/darch/twtxt.txt render æøå just fine then in the same browser?
- 2021-01-18 @ 23:36(#7gb6suq) @prologic (#qszjsbq) but not sø much in thæ plain twtxt.txt file at darch.dk/twtxt.txt
- 2021-01-18 @ 23:29@prologic (#zzkvsxa) ah that makes sense. so if i delete my latest post, can i can delete the previous one an so on?
- 2021-01-18 @ 23:07(#zzkvsxa) @darch @prologic why can't I edit or delete this post?
- 2021-01-18 @ 21:29@sørenpeter (#2crflaq) Well it looks link it does B)
- 2021-01-18 @ 18:17(#hcbm5ya) @prologic @adi @deadguy Oops, I forgot to share the correct link without the /edit/ part... please ignore that.
I just found Picoblog, that is a php implementation of twtxt :D
And it looks like it got some API for posting to it https://0xff.nu/microblogging#posting
- 2021-01-18 @ 13:04(#hcbm5ya) @adi @prologic Thank you, Adi. yeah nothing beast a bash from the past:P
- 2021-01-18 @ 13:02(#hcbm5ya) @prologic @adi Yes i have noticed you sitegen. It looks cool:) But i don't have shell access to my webhosting. And I don't feel like re-redoing my website once again. And there is something old-school about php that I like.
I got the render cleaned up a bit: http://www.darch.dk/edit/notes/ - now i just need a way to feed in my selfhosted twtxt.txt and posting to it. For now I can use this awesome pod ;)
- 2021-01-18 @ 11:01(#hcbm5ya) @prologic , @adi got it right. i have already build my webpage using yellow. What im after is a easy way to render my twtxt.txt in a similar way to what it is done here on twtxt.net plus an easy way to use the online editor in yellow to post updates to my twtxt.txt, mainly justin adding the date and time(zone).
I kinda fixed the render part using the tickler extension for yellow.
But there is still some cleaning up to do as you can see at: http://www.darch.dk/notes/
- 2021-01-17 @ 20:50@sørenpeter (#hzj5gyq) selv hej!
- 2021-01-17 @ 14:32@prologic (#hcbm5ya) Thank you for the xplanation. what tools beside twtxt.net do you know that can precent the content of twtxt.txt in nice ways? like showing images and making links clickable?
- 2021-01-17 @ 14:02@prologic (#hcbm5ya) because then i could add twtxt to my websites CMS (yellow by datenstrom.se).
But I guess it would be fairy simple to code something myself.
- 2021-01-17 @ 13:41@prologic (#hcbm5ya) is there any PHP paser and posting UI for twtxt yet?
- 2021-01-17 @ 13:40@prologic (#hcbm5ya) hi you:)